You Now Have Two Real Choices for Generator Backup
Permanent Standby Power vs. Emergency Power Ready
The Powertron Series 400 and 800 Tap Boxes are pass-through devices that provide fast connections for a portable emergency generator. The Tap Box is permanently mounted to the building exterior and electrically connected to a manual or automatic transfer switch. In the event of a power outage, the Powertron Tap Box is ready to receive temporary power fast and safely with virtually no disruption. Click here to see the Tap Box product line.
When you experience frequent power failures, a permanent natural gas or diesel Genset is your best solution. Whenever the utility fails, power is restored within seconds.
The new Powertron Tap Box is an economical solution for many facilities. When the cost of a permanent generator is prohibitive or if the site is not a candidate for a permanent generator, the Powertron Tap Box is an economical solution for a fast connection. This device allows temporary power to be restored within minutes, making your facility emergency power ready while avoiding the costly and time consuming process of connecting to temporary power.
Emergency Power Ready
The Powertron Tap Box makes your facility “emergency power ready,” avoiding the clumsy and costly traditional process of bringing in temporary power. The many decisions that need to be resolved during a power outage crisis are eliminated. The installation of a Powertron Tap Box allows you to:
- Predetermine load requirements
- Predetermine generator sizing
- Predetermine location for the temporary generator, eliminating customer and employee disruptions
- Predetermine Cable lengths
- Establish a quick method of connecting power - in most cases it can be made by the generator provider
- Safety and security are not compromised with exposed cable connections running down hallways and through door ways
The Tap Box Offers the Following Features:
- A custom designed, NEMA 3R weather tight Hoffman enclosure
- An upper lockable door for the hardwiring connections
- The lower door allows:
- Access to the interface connections for the generator, and a GFI outlet to power the block heater and battery charger ensuring quick and reliable cold weather operation
- Start/stop terminals allowing for automatic operation when used with an automatic transfer switch
- Weather shield made with polycarbonate material provides additional protection against inclement weather conditions while connected to the generator
- Industry Standard Power Connectors
- Recessed mounting available
- Powertron Series 400: Available in 208, 240 or 480 Volt Three Phase Rated for 400 Amps. 24" high x 24" wide by 12" deep. Approximate shipping weight 90 lbs.
- Powertron Series 400 UL: This UL listed version is available in 208, 240 or 480 Volt Three Phase Rated for 400 Amps. 30" high x 30" wide by 12" deep. Approximate shipping weight 60 lbs.
- Powertron Series 800: Available in 208, 240 or 480 Volt Three Phase Rated for 800 Amps. 30" high x 24" wide x 12" deep. Approximate shipping weight 100 lbs.
- Amperages greater than 800: Accomplished using multiple boxes.
In Addition, Steiner Power Systems specializes in resolving all power quality related problems. Our application engineers can identify and recommend the right solution and ensure compatibility with existing equipment.
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Transient Voltage Surge Suppressors (TVSS)
- Power Conditioners, Voltage Regulators, Isolation Transformers and other Power Quality devices.
Steiner Power Systems services Kohler generators, as well as all other major brands. We offer preventive maintenance (PM) agreements, and 24/7 emergency service. Our newly expanded shop in Elk Grove provides “roll in” service for portable and towable generators. Call us any time at 847-956-3098.